View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 11:12 PM

scratchhax has a spectacular aura about scratchhax has a spectacular aura about scratchhax has a spectacular aura about

scratchhax has a spectacular aura about scratchhax has a spectacular aura about scratchhax has a spectacular aura about
So with a procharger, there actually isn't a blowoff valve option. A blowoff pops when you produce too much boost like with a turbo, a bypass valve pops when you suddenly reduce the throttle to keep pressure from damaging the super charger. The kit by default comes with a recirculating type bypass valve that sends extra boost back into the air filter. There is also an open type that will give that satisfying pspspspsps sound. There is no performance difference and I will probably be swapping mine out later on. I went with the closed valve initially thinking the whole system would be quieter and it could be a sleeper, but that's not turning out to be the case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pho thit cho View Post
I'm looking to get a kit also, I saw in your vid that instead of a blow off valve you have a bypass valve. Was that an option that you chose? I've been talking to a couple different dealers and they said I had the option of upgrading to a better blow off valve. Just curious if you had a choice and why you went with bypass valve instead of blow off. Thanks for posting up all this Info I've been waiting for the longest time for someone to post a review!
scratchhax is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote