Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 06:33 PM

blackbearry is on a distinguished road

blackbearry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by matoolie View Post
Unfortunately I had to get mine aligned just this week as well. It pulled to the right and steering wheel was off. It’s unfortunate and little surprising being a brand new vehicle. But local dealership fixed it. For me it was just adjustment on tie rods. Caster and camber were fine. But first time out of purchasing 3 4runners new have I had the issue.

For the speed thing…..it’s a Toyota thing. They have locked down their ECU’s pretty tight and will do nothing to support aftermarket or non OEM.

You will be able to sell the parts on this forum or the other 4runner forum. Predator bars should go easily as there are people who want them. And definitely the roof rack! Lots of people want them. Just might have to wait a little for a local deal or someone willing to drive. I had a previous roof rack listed on this forum and buyer drove from NY to VA to pick it up. But also advertise everywhere you can. After removing my Pro roof rack I was surprised how “lightweight” it really is.

So the dealer said “it’s the natural grade of the road pulling the steering wheel off to the right” and if I bring it again they will charge me despite it being only 4 weeks since purchase. Complete BS.

Firestone has a lifetime alignment deal going on which I’m gonna do. Taking it to them tomorrow to see what’s up. I’ll mention the tie bar issue you had and see if it’s that.

On Reddit at r/4Runner, there are a few other TRD Pro owners that have the same issue. So I know it’s not just me and the “natural graded the road”. All roads aren’t going to pull in the same damn direction!

Looks like it is because the shocks and wheels are put onto the truck after it arrives at port and then it doesn’t get aligned and calibrated afterwards.

Will update after they inspect it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blackbearry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote