Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 10:31 AM
official vendor

MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all
official vendor

MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsons3rdGen View Post
"cuz I can."
I like this, but if it were true you won't be asking.

I think pictures would help more than anything. Pictures of the spindles, steering rack, LCA's in place, and UCA's. If you have a custom spindle they had to have come from a 4th Gen 4runner or be 100% custom from the ground up. Obviously, the 4th Gen LCA will mount to the spindle in a different pattern than the 3rd Gen. The steering on a 4th Gen spindle is also in front of the suspension as opposed to behind like the 3rd Gen. That would mean you have a hybrid of sorts between a 4th/3rd Gen. Or, you have a 4th Gen steering rack that you somehow mounted in a 3rd Gen. UCA's are also going to be different, and so are the upper ball joints.

Just did some T4R stalking. Are you also running the JBA 4th Gen UCA's you bought from the forum? If so you have 4th Gen LCA's, 4th Gen UCA's, and custom spindles. With no mention of a 4th Gen steering rack, I'll assume you have a 3rd Gen still. I'm betting you have done a lot more than what you're posting. Did you change the UCA mounts at all? Did you change the LCA mounts at all? What steering rack? Whose spindles? What CV's are you using?

The 3rd Gen steering is known for not allowing wheels to return to normal if the guide bushing has been overtightened. Most of the time this happens when someone replaces the guide bushing and over tightens the cap during install.

Mike

Last edited by MStudt; 05-08-2021 at 11:36 AM.
MStudt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote