Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 03:00 PM

repo is a glorious beacon of light repo is a glorious beacon of light repo is a glorious beacon of light repo is a glorious beacon of light repo is a glorious beacon of light

repo is a glorious beacon of light repo is a glorious beacon of light repo is a glorious beacon of light repo is a glorious beacon of light repo is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbo View Post
There are massive supply chain issues and huge price increase happening right now… And there are talks about hyperinflation as well.

From personal experience I am seeing from price escalation in raw materials (steel, copper, lumber, plastics). I’ve seen Romex double, and lumber in insane… a wood deck project in April 2020 that would have cost $1000 in materials would now cost about $4000.

Shipping/transit delays and price increase due to lack of drivers and fuel.

Many industries are being effected by semiconductor chip shortages, including automotive.

So yes… what you are seeing is normal. Just order it and wait… and don’t expect any discounts. All I’ve been doing at work is raising prices of goods, and it's still flying off the shelf.
Someone with knowledge of the timber industry posted in the 3rd gen forum that the problem there is timber being at record lows, so its not worth harvesting. Which created a lumber shortage and paradoxical price increase in lumber products. This stuff happens, just wait it out if you can. Takes a little time for things to adapt to shake ups. I think house prices have now hit the point of diminished returns vs mortgage rates for example. Will be a while for cars with this chip thing probably.