Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 07:13 PM

Cree will become famous soon enough Cree will become famous soon enough

Cree will become famous soon enough Cree will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS10 View Post
I thought of that, but was a little apprehensive at going with air cooling for the transmission. I read the internal radiator tranny cooler is a better all-around set up. Every vehicle I've owned has used that design and never had a problem, and I'm talking even 1970s/80s crappy American vehicles. A little disappointed in Toyota over this one :-(.
It warms faster and stays warmer in the winter. No difference in the summer. In fact, you'll run cooler not sharing the radiator.

If you want to avoid that, you can install a thermal bypass in line with the cooler OR get a cooler that's internally bypassed. I'll be switching to the Hayden internal bypass this summer to get temps up in the cold a bit. Right now I have a single Hayden 679, gonna switch to dual 699's. That ought to do the trick.
Cree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote