Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 09:26 PM

WCHamby is on a distinguished road

WCHamby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremewlr View Post
Are you doing the work yourself? Do you have XREAS that needs removed and does it have the rear airbag suspension? If you aren't doing the work, your price range isn't going to get you much. Even if you are doing the work, your price range is still kinda low for aftermarket stuff.

You can run that size tire with a take off suspension from a 3rd gen Tacoma TRDOR (front shocks with coils and rear shocks, use FJ Cruiser rear coils)) or 5th gen 4runner TRDPro (I think on the 4runner, not positive). Either one gives you about 1" lift. You can also do a 1" body lift and have only some trimming to do to clear the tires. Take off suspension should run around $200 to $400 and can usually be found on Craigslist. Body lift kit runs around $150 or so.

I ran this exact setup (TRDOR Bilstiens from a 2019 Tacoma and 2007 FJ Cruiser rear coils) and same size tire, for a while. Works good until you add steel bumpers front and rear. Then it's too much weight and the suspension gets sloppy.
Thanks for replying! Yes doing the work myself, my 4Runner is just an SR5, so no XREAS and no rear airbag suspension. But the TRD Pro from a 5th Gen would work?
WCHamby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote