View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 07:15 PM

HiLife is just really nice HiLife is just really nice HiLife is just really nice HiLife is just really nice

HiLife is just really nice HiLife is just really nice HiLife is just really nice HiLife is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverAirport View Post
I'm about to go on a long road trip in a week (2k+ miles on the first wing of the trip) and part of my trip will be through the desert. I'm going to be driving 8 hour+ shifts with my truck. But right now on my ultragauge, I'm seeing an average of 208 as my coolant temp in 50-70 degree weather. While driving on an incline I see upwards of 212-215.
I personally are not good with odds. I always come out on the short end of it.
You could do the troubleshooting/repair in a familiar shop close to your comfortable home.
Or you could do it in an unfamiliar area with shop that is the best one you could find at the moment while you're traveling.

Those temps are not the normal 190 I see on mines. The ones you're seeing is concerning. I would suspect the last repair being the cylinder and head repair, if your engine had normal temps before the repairs.
Could be the headgasket was flipped upon installation.

Maybe a more knowlegable member could chime in with an easier way to troubleshoot a flipped headgasket without tearing the motor apart.
HiLife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote