Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 09:42 PM

Mark4runnar will become famous soon enough

Mark4runnar will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Leader View Post
folks that feel the 4runner is underpowered can you please explain why you think this? is it towing? 0-60? something else? how much power would it need to be acceptable in your view. I have never felt the 4runner was underpowered, highway driving, city driving no issues. I've read many posts saying power was poor, so maybe I'm just pleasantly surprised? I do not tow heavy loads either but it's not designed for that. the v6 4.0L has more than enough power to handle some difficult trails, even stock while also acting as a reliable family hauler / daily driver - what it's made to do and it does that job better than almost every other vehicle out there (land cruiser, 4runner, what else?). the trail trims that have MTS, rear locker, ATRAC and craw control are amazingly capable right out of the factory and at a somewhat reasonable price. it's great that all trims even have ATRAC right from factory - and ATRAC holds it's own it's not some crappy system lol, it works

can you imagine how much a 500hp, 4 second 0-60, 12,000lb towing capacity, same reliability as current 4runners, TRD off road pro 4runner would cost. it would be like 90 grand lol
so this is not a complaint, but one thing that feels like an overhang is the downshifting at highway speeds when you approach and climb a "grade" on the highway. I have an old (1999 lancruiser with a v8) -- that never downshifts when climbing, yes its a v8, and a bit more torque. Yes I get that off-road performance is the 4runner operating model, but I don't care what the specs say (HP/Torque/ 5speed trans with OD) it just feels like its struggling .... thanks for listening to me whine, I love my 4 runner....it never brakes and that's my use case, but...........!
Mark4runnar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote