Site Navigation

Thread: 4WD issues..
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 10:43 AM

TravThePro is on a distinguished road

TravThePro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegipper View Post
I had the exact same symptoms you have. It ended up being a bad VSV. Use the procedure mentioned above to test the VSV's, that's how I found out mine was bad.

I have a parts truck so I swapped the bad VSV and my 4WD has worked perfect ever since.
This ended up being the problem with my truck as well. I initially thought it was my ADD actuator, but I had no vacuum going through either of the lines. The truck mostly sitting for 3 years seized both of my VSVs.

OP you should really just pull both long hoses for the VSVs and feel with your finger if one gets vacuum in 2WD and one gets vacuum when you click it to 4WD.

I can offer further testing advice for the ADD actuator if at least of them does get vacuum while you check the VSVs.