View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 08:35 PM

chrisbagnell will become famous soon enough

chrisbagnell will become famous soon enough
Work That Has Been Done So Far
Going forward I’m going to have a lot more pictures but this is what I have done so far that I could find pictures on:
SubwooferReturn to Directory
Blew out the stock subwoofer a few months back and decided to replace it with a nice Rockford Fosgate P3SD4-8 Subwoofer. I stretched the life of the stock one by using silicon on the cone but it blew after one song.

Rust PreventionReturn to Directory
Next was the Rust Prevention. I did a lot of research on the best products for rust prevention/protection and a lot were saying POR-15 and then painting it. I ended up going with a marine grade product called Corroseal which is a Rust Converter and Primer. Easy application I just wire brushed the loose rust, and coated this stuff on with a foam brush. Then spray painted it with Rustoleum Black paint. I’ll post some pics later this year after 1 year with it to see how it works if anyone is interested in trying this. Here are some before and after pics:

06’ Headlight ConversionReturn to Directory
I wanted to do the 06’ headlight conversion because my headlights were cheap off amazon that looked cool when new but they had a whole bunch of nonfunctional lights just for looks. Decided to go with Used OEM from eBay and they were filthy, broken tabs etc… I cleaned them up pretty nice, spray painted the housing black, and installed some Retrofit source Switchback halos. Tapped into the Fog Light relay with the Always on Fog Light mod. Very happy with the outcome, still haven’t decided if I like the orange DRL on with the halo’s but I like how unique it is compared to other cars on the road.

Ongoing Instrument Cluster IssuesReturn to Directory
My biggest job so far was replacing the instrument cluster. Started off just following a thread on how to replace the LEDs on the cluster and I ended up breaking something on the cluster so the fuel gauge did not work. Had to buy new Stepper motors and tried swapping them with no luck. Ended up buying a new to me instrument cluster off eBay for an SR5 which did not include the 4WD lights. Swapped the chip with the mileage over as well as the LED’s but I still can’t figure out how to get the 4WD lights to work. Fuel Gauge still refuses to go the the "F" when I fill my tank and it drives me insane. I will most likely continue to search until I can find a Sport Edition Cluster but for now it does the job.

This weekend i'll post some pics of my rusted LCA and Leaking CV Axles... Still deciding what brands I wanna go with for the parts as OEM is $$$ but worth it always. Probably cvjreman.com for the axles and Rockauto Moog for LCA.. Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited by chrisbagnell; 05-26-2021 at 09:35 PM.
chrisbagnell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote