Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 02:17 PM

Tuco S. has a spectacular aura about Tuco S. has a spectacular aura about Tuco S. has a spectacular aura about

Tuco S. has a spectacular aura about Tuco S. has a spectacular aura about Tuco S. has a spectacular aura about
5/8/2021:
Installed front & rear IMS suspension, diff drop and UCAs. Drove it gently for a week to let things settle. Had a clunk sound in the right front with the wheel cranked most of the way to the right. Same clunk sound in the front left with the wheel cranked most of the way to the left. Figured it was the CV's complaining. The front measured about 5" higher than it was previously with the oem suspension just after the lift. Here are the before & afters, measured on level ground from center of wheel to bottom of wheel well:

Before lift:
19-2/16" front left
21-9/16" rear left

19-5/16" front right
21-12/16" rear right

Just after lift (aftermarket skid plates not yet installed):
24-2/16" front left
25-2/16" rear left

24-2/16" front right
24-14/16" rear right

The only aftermarket addition prior to the lift was Shrockworks sliders (90 lbs). I had an eimkeith panhard correction bracket welded on about a month before the lift. The oem panhard bar is in the lower hole on the bracket, and is more or less horizontal after the lift was installed. I also installed the Treaty Oak KDSS brackets front and rear, which seem to work well since there is no lean in front, and only minimal lean in the rear.

5/15/2021:
Installed a full set of C4 Fab skid plates (front, transmission, transfer case, cross-member & fuel tank). The C4 skids weigh 200 lbs. Skids and sliders together, minus the removal of the oem skids, is about 250 lbs heavier than a stock truck. The extra weight helped to soften the ride quite a bit. The front end clunk is mostly gone unless it's turned close to full lock and I step on the gas.

5/27/2021:
2.5 weeks after lift was installed, with all C4 skid plates installed and front end aligned:
23-12/16" front left
24-12/16" rear left

23-12/16" front right
24-10/16" rear right

The latest measurements are exactly the same as the ones taken 10 days ago, so it looks like it has settled about as far as it's going to. If that's the case, the actual lift height above standard (20" front, 22" rear) is 3.75" front and 2.7" rear, which is about an inch higher than I was expecting for both the front & rear. Really wish I had ordered the 2.5"/1.5" springs, instead of the 3"/2". I may try lowering the front coil seats a 1/4 or 1/2 inch or so to see if that helps. I love the look, and it drives very nice, but man...that height doesn't leave much room for downtravel.

2019 TRD Off Road w/KDSS in silver. Dobinsons IMS59-50700 & C59-314 front (coil seats lowered 1/2"), IMS59-50705 & C59-505 rear; Dobinsons diff drop; Ironman UCAs; Eimkeith PCK, Ironman adjustable panhard rod, and Treaty Oak KDSS spacers; Toyo Open Country A/T III 255/80R17; C4 Fab skids & Shrockworks sliders; Durobumps front & rear.

Last edited by Tuco S.; 05-27-2021 at 02:21 PM.
Tuco S. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote