Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 09:14 PM

T4topher is a glorious beacon of light T4topher is a glorious beacon of light T4topher is a glorious beacon of light T4topher is a glorious beacon of light T4topher is a glorious beacon of light T4topher is a glorious beacon of light

T4topher is a glorious beacon of light T4topher is a glorious beacon of light T4topher is a glorious beacon of light T4topher is a glorious beacon of light T4topher is a glorious beacon of light T4topher is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devbot View Post
What are you guys using for axles? Don't think it's been mentioned yet
I think some of the kits come with things to extend your axles, RCV is an option, and I think maybe tundra axles is another. Might be more options this would be a great addition to the OP. Not to mention the Dana 44 joints that the solo XLT kit uses..

Quote:
Originally Posted by theesotericone View Post
First, you can't compare the Con to Fordyce. Not even remotely in the same level of difficulty.

My first time on the Rubicon we did it in 8 hours. Second time it took us 9 hours but an hour of that was waiting for my buddy Kyle to fix his shit. Neither trip required any rock stacking. The tow strap only came out once in both trips.

When I did Fordyce 2 years ago it took 12 hours. It's not even 1/3 as long. My buddy Andy and I did the whole trail and as far as we know there are VERY few other IFS Toyota's that have done that. It's about as hard a trail as you can do. It's the only trail I've ever completed where when we got to camp I was glad it was over. It's hard the whole way and keeps getting harder. Rocks where stacked and winch line was pulled.

With that said, I don't have LT. If you want to run the Con you easily you need 35's, dual lockers and a dual case. You also need to know how to drive off-road. Andy, Kyle and I all have a lot of hard trail miles under our belts.

If you want to run Fordyce you need a desire and skills. I have both but that trail approached the limit of what myself and my rig can do.
I kinda figured Fordyce was more difficult. I’ve tried it a bit with a buddy and had to turn around maybe a couple miles in (only had 33’s and rear locker). I have 35’s/5.29’s/dual lockers/dual cases now (not fully installed yet) so I’ll just focus on completing the Con for now.. I have the desire, skills I will get with a little more seat time hopefully lol. Very helpful in making my decision of which kit I’ll probably be going with someday.