Old 05-28-2021, 02:40 PM
Banned

FordF150 is an unknown quantity at this point
Banned

FordF150 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by y=mx+b View Post
Hey there Captn,

Diagnosis for this was pretty simple: Ice chunk mashed up the condenser, so I replaced it. Evaporator failure is also fairly simple diagnoses: leaking refrigerant into the condensation drain = evap core bad

For the tools, I rented those for free from Pepboys, so thats not really a concern for me. Not really a whole lot too it, just the Manifold Gauges and the Vacuum Pump

All Mechanics started with 0 experience.
y=mx+b

I understand what you say but tools have to be brought into the Bahamas and they duty everything auto up to 90%, so if you have a one-time AC job like I had it isn't worth it.

Import stuff has to go through "customs" where they duty it and it can take weeks if the paperwork isn't right.

Also there is no Pep Boys for renting here.

I don't mind paying like I did on this evaporator replacement AC job. $880 (just the labor) and I'm cool as ice. There are good mechanic shops here in Nassau, and that's a real plus.

Google the internet. An evaporator job is no one-hour fix. The whole dash has to come down. What a mess!

You can buy the parts at Amazon and fly them to your home, and that is what I do. Then I find a pro that knows the job.

The evaporator was $90. Amazon.com: Denso 476-0040 A/C Evaporator Core: Automotive

Amazon.com: Denso 471-1413 New Compressor with Clutch: Automotive

I replaced the AC compressor a few years ago.

Stuff breaks.

BTW I've had several starter failures in my 2005 runner. The starter in there now came with a lifetime warranty. Called the company which had their part on Amazon and they assured me they would replace it if it ever fails. Kept the box and receipt anyway. Never heard of a lifetime warranty on a car part. You?

Last edited by FordF150; 05-28-2021 at 03:09 PM.
FordF150 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote