Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 01:57 PM

P_nlsn has a spectacular aura about P_nlsn has a spectacular aura about

P_nlsn has a spectacular aura about P_nlsn has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson44 View Post
every spring, my AC works great, but then as it gets hotter out it eventually stops turning on. there is plenty of freon, and I've had a couple places look over the system. one place said there are no leaks and that it's just a matter of the compressor not turning on all the time. when it does, it's ice cold, but it's just picky. seems to work when it rains, so I'm not sure what that's about.

I'd like to run a switch to power the compressor manually. I'm ok with electronics as long as I know where to start looking. has anyone done this in their truck? where would I look for the power wire for the compressor?

J.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson44 View Post
I had one of the shops tell me it was the electric HVAC panel that was the issue, but I don't think they went in and tested stuff. it seems like there's some short somewhere that causes it to not work some of the time.
You may have already ruled this out, but one thing you can try is replacing, swapping, or tapping the A/C relay. From what I can tell, some of the factory relays they used are prone to getting stuck and causing problems

This happened to me, where the A/C light would randomly start blinking and the compressor wouldn't kick on. I was in a hurry in the summer and didn't have time to grab a new relay, so just gave it a few good taps against the hood to knock the arm loose and it's been fine since

+================================================= ==============+
4wd V6 '03 Sport w/ 340k miles (175k engine swapped @ 326k) // 3" Suspension Lift + 3" Body Lift on 35" K02's

@toto.runner // Build Thread // Engine Swap Write-Up
P_nlsn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote