Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 12:47 PM

chrisbagnell will become famous soon enough

chrisbagnell will become famous soon enough
Weekend Post 5/31/2021
Not a lot of time this weekend to work on 4runner, rained all weekend and only had a few hours today.
Refreshing Stock Skid PlatesReturn to Directory
I wanted to get my skid plates off in preparation for the New LCA’s and Axles that will need to be put in in the future, the mid skid plate came off like butter. The front one had one bolt that was a total pain in the a** and I am still unable to get off and is rounded out. I will probably take it to a shop before I lose my mind. No pictures for that until I can get it off and painted
Rusted out LCAReturn to Directory
I said I would post a picture of my LCA so the forum could see and here it is. I’m no mechanic but this bad boy is rusted just about all the way around and it has me concerned for overall safety while driving.

Thankfully the forum came in clutch because I went on it and one of the new posts was on a thread asking about LCA’s . So, I decided to go with the TRQ Front Lower 2 Piece Control Arm with Ball Joint Set for $179.99! It’s a solid deal and will give me time to source OEM parts if I want to go back that route in the future.
thread asking about LCA’s
As for Axles it’s most likely going to be from CVJ Axles - CV Axles & Steering Racks for all your needs as stated in the previous post. I don't have the down time to rebuild the axles myself in case of an issue.

Front BumperReturn to Directory
Now for the fun part. I’ve wanted a front bumper on my 4Runner for many years and now I am in a position where I can take the hit financially. I’ve been looking at a lot of different styles and I’m stuck on either the Demello Off-road or Shrockworks Bumper. *I will be getting it in white and Shrockworks is the only brand I saw that offers it in white* Not sure if I want 3 hoops, the middle hoop, or none… I guess that all comes down to preference. Here’s some pictures for comparison. The only reason I would want hoops is for added protection in case of a collision but does it really make a difference? Please let me know what you guys think!

Last edited by chrisbagnell; 08-22-2021 at 07:57 PM.
chrisbagnell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote