Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 01:23 AM

aweaver65 will become famous soon enough

aweaver65 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchhax View Post
looks like the swaybar relocate isn't installed. If you bought the kit, it's supposed to come with a bracket that moves the swaybar out of the way. It's optional if you have KDSS, but if you don't, you need it.
Thank you. They actually did install them. I noticed them while I was under there chasing this down and realized they were new because they were spotless. That said, the ICON Description of these brackets states:

"Overview:

These black anodized, billet aluminum sway bar relocation blocks will move your sway bar 1" forward to avoid any contact with aftermarket coilovers. This small investment can save yourself a ton of headache when installing aftermarket coilovers."

I think that is the root of the problem right there. The Sway Bar is moved forward to allow for clearance of the coils, but now it's pushed into the Skid Plate Bracket.

In any case, I fixed it today by dropping the bracket that rubbed about 3/16" of an inch with some fender washers and now it is fine. While I had the skid plate off, I got a tap and chased the threads, got some good anti-sieze cleaned and painted everything that needed it (few rusty welds, etc.) and that did it.

Here are a few pics, in a couple, you can see the spot that rubbed and wore through the finish on the Sway Bar and also the Bracket. It seems like ICON needs to supply spacers to drop that driver's side bracket along with the Sway Bar Relocation kit. :
Attached Images
Front Sway Bar Rubbing after ICON Install - Questions-clearance-jpg  Front Sway Bar Rubbing after ICON Install - Questions-fender-washers-back-close-up-small-jpg  Front Sway Bar Rubbing after ICON Install - Questions-fender-washers-front-jpg  Front Sway Bar Rubbing after ICON Install - Questions-sway-rub-bracket-jpg  Front Sway Bar Rubbing after ICON Install - Questions-sway-bar-rub-jpg 
2020 Army Green TRD Pro, RSG Flat Sliders. SV.4 LED's from Headlight Revolution, RAM Mount for Cell Phone (got my cup holder back!), Deleted Roof Rack (sold). Canvas Back full Cargo Liner (for my Dog "Donkey")...
Icon Stage 2, Body Mount Chop, Method MR305's and BFG KO2 285/75/17's (34 Inch Tires) (No rubbing at all), East Coast Gear 4.56 Diffs Front/Rear
aweaver65 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote