Site Navigation

Thread: New TRD Sport
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 08:37 PM

aggrobot will become famous soon enough

aggrobot will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp.vegas View Post
That's totally wrong. You can lock the center diff in the limited, yes, which puts it in 4 high, as opposed to AWD mode. You can then switch to 4lo from there.

This is what the transfer case switch in a 5th gen limited looks like:

This is the exact same way the 4WD system worked on certain 4th gen 4runners like the limited and sport edition for example. I had a 4th gen you could put into 2wd, AWD (center diff unlocked), 4WD hi (center diff locked) and 4lo (center diff locked, low range in the transfer case).
If you read what I’m saying, i told him that the limited does not have a 2 speed transfer case, you lock the center diff for 4lo, I should have also specified 4hi. which is what you are saying. The limited is full-time AWD, there is no taking it out of that mode, only locking the center diff so the front and back turn at the same speed with even power distributed 50:50 front and back (when its unlocked, i believe its 40:60). Then yes, it can be geared down to 4lo. There’s nothing incorrect about the info ive provided, but I did overlook 4HI.

Last edited by aggrobot; 06-03-2021 at 08:47 PM.
aggrobot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote