Site Navigation

Thread: New TRD Sport
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 01:14 AM

aggrobot will become famous soon enough

aggrobot will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp.vegas View Post
You are quite simply not familiar with the vehicle at all nor are you reading what I'm saying. There IS a two speed transfer case.

You can have 4 HI locked center diff and 4 LO locked center diff. You can also have all wheel drive mode (that's the default daily driver mode without the center diff locked). Locking the center diff does most certainly not put you automatically in 4 wheel LO.
Hey man, I love talking about vehicles and I dont mind being wrong, no need to get aggressive. The limited drives power to all 4 wheels through the center differential. When locking that center diff, I go into 4HI. I think youve taken something ive said to suggest that you automatically go into 4lo when you lock the center diff, and let me take that back. You go into 4HI. Where we may disagree however, is that the limited accomplishes its 4WD by locking the center diff. All other 4runners do this with the transfer case. They behave very similarly, but they are not the same thing. No other 4runners of this gen even have a center diff - they have the transfer case. This info is, I thought, pretty easy to find. Again, happy to keep discussing, and man, if I need to learn a lot, so be it. Lets try to actually learn from one another instead of just open hand slapping though.

Last edited by aggrobot; 06-04-2021 at 01:40 AM.
aggrobot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote