Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 04:44 PM

5VZ-FE will become famous soon enough 5VZ-FE will become famous soon enough

5VZ-FE will become famous soon enough 5VZ-FE will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devbot View Post
I know this isn't really related by why/how the hell is your mirror adjustment up there What's on the door panel then?? Or is this just something different between years?
In regards to moving switches you should be able to pop that out pretty easily once that trim piece is off. Unfortunately it doesn't look like you have/they used the removable switch panels that usually go there so I have a feeling you'll have a gaping hole there afterwards

The previous owner put the mirror control there when he swapped to manual windows. When I switched back I put the master window switch in, with the mirror adjustment control, but I haven’t switched the wires back over yet. I’m not sure if the extremely small number of 3rd gens with OEM manual windows came with power mirrors, but if they did it makes sense that the double-wide spot on the dash would be there for those controls.

As to the switches, I’m not looking to move them so much as consolidate two switches into one, and then put the ARB switch where one of the two OTRATTW switches was. So I’m not going to need one of the blanks that were originally there.