View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 07:31 PM

tp0908 is an unknown quantity at this point

tp0908 is an unknown quantity at this point
Moonroof rattle

Like most of you who struggled to get rid of the moonroof rattle. I have tried most of the suggestions incuding the TSB. But did not solve the problem. The only one that I did not do was to pull down the headliner and inspect for anything loose. That's just too much work.

I just like to share how I got rid of the rattling noise. I used a plastic melt glue stick and cut it 36mm length and put it between the aluminum rail and the moonroof metal frame (that holds the glass). Be aware that you must remove the glue stick if you want to open the moonroof.

Recent project I did: Replaced my headunit with ATOTO SA102 (with Carplay). I am very happy with it. I bought refurbished on ebay (ATOTO USA) and got what looked like brand new (complete with protective plastic on the screen) for less than $100. Carplay boots fast using my iPhone Xr. Works great with Google Map and Waze GPS. And, it you have SynologyNAS, it also have and interface for Synology DS Audio. The Head Unit sounds great too with BASS-MID-TREBLE control plus Graphic Equalizer (with 3 memory settings). If you have powered subwoofer, SA102 have pre-out and auto-on switch for external amp/subwoofer.
Attached Images
Rattling noise on ceiling-hot-melt-glue-stick-jpg  Rattling noise on ceiling-alum-rail-jpg  Rattling noise on ceiling-atoto-carplay-jpg  Rattling noise on ceiling-google-map-jpg  Rattling noise on ceiling-audio-interface-jpg 

Last edited by tp0908; 06-08-2021 at 11:40 AM.
tp0908 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote