Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 09:29 PM

triethylborane will become famous soon enough

triethylborane will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylover View Post
i just bought a low mileage 61 k 2005 4runner.
from what i can see from carfax and dealer, they have just changed the oil regularly.
Do I need to change the engine coolant, transmission fluid and spark plugs as the truck is 15 years old now.
Do I need to change all these now for preventive maintainence?
Plugs should be changed when the gap is out of spec or if the spark plug is faulty; to make these determinations requires pulling plugs and given plugs are cheap, usually makes sense to pull them with the intent to replace on a 86k mi vehicle. Get Denso.

Coolant can be tested with a cheap tester from any parts store. If its not been changed . . . it probably needs to be changed. The "Asian" red formulation from Zerex or Peak are cheap and work well.

Trans fluid is something I change at 70k miles or so and Ive not seen evidence that lifetime fluid is anything but perhaps lifetime of a lease or such. Go with the Toyota WS stuff

Last edited by triethylborane; 06-10-2021 at 08:20 AM.
triethylborane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote