Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 02:40 PM

4Person is on a distinguished road

4Person is on a distinguished road
I just spoke with ARB over the phone and got some answers. They confirmed that there isn’t much published maintenance information available to the public at this time, so unfortunately I guess you’ll just have to take my word at this time if you are considering these UCAs.

They confirmed that there isn’t much additional caster incorporated in the design. +2.5-3.5 is what they are designed for and they wouldn’t recommend more than that. (So, that doesn’t exactly help me out a ton, but I’ll get another alignment from a different shop and see if I can get a little more than current.)

As far as maintenance, they recommend marine grade chassis grease every other oil change. The ball joint used is OEM and can be replaced with OEM. The tech didn’t know if OEM ball joints would have a removable zirk fitting though (so you can use the provided cap), so they also sell a replacement ball joint (part #UCASP0012).

And they didn’t think I damaged my boot from overfilling (shown above), so hopefully that is also correct in my case. I probably would have went with JBAs if my wheels didn’t have 4.75” backspacing, but I didn’t want to chance them rubbing on the UCAs. I’ll keep trying to make my setup work and provide some updates when I have them.