Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 04:24 PM

Token_Indian is on a distinguished road

Token_Indian is on a distinguished road
Bolt-on Roof Rack Security

Hey Everyone,

When I purchased my 4runner it came with a custom roof rack that bolts directly onto the roof. To those who have roof racks that bolt on directly, what are you using for security measures to protect the rack from theft? Assuming someone would just need the correct socket size to take it off.

I have been looking around online for specialty bolts that could be used that would deter theft (understanding a professional thief would not be deterred), but they require purchasing 100 bolts for productions sake. I want to attach it to the body, but that would require drilling which I am not interested in right now.

Just curious if I am being over protective or just a basic loctite and peace of mind is all you need?

Thanks.
Token_Indian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote