Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 10:12 PM

raincoyote is on a distinguished road

raincoyote is on a distinguished road
Post Considering buying this 2002 Limited with Lockers

I've been looking for a rig for a little bit and have decided to move my purchase date up a couple of months. I found one in town at a dealer and drove it today.

Has a lot of good things going for it including:
  • Locking diff
  • Power everything all works
  • Paint in good condition
  • No leaks visible
  • Good fluids
  • Reasonable mileage
  • Clean Carfax + 2 owners + west coast car
  • Seats in OK shape
  • New tires + modern wheels (although I'd swap)
  • No sag
  • Smooth shifts, brakes, 4WD transfer

The negatives that I could see are:
  • Cruise control not working
  • A/C needs recharge
  • Transfer case light flashing after shift, couldn't get it to stop
  • Slight pulse in steering wheel above 60mph, could be wheel balance, or something more serious
  • Either needs an alignment or there's something relating to the wobble as it pulls slightly to the left
  • Steering wheel needs refinished/cover
  • Battery needs replacing, it was dead when I got in
  • The switch that I believe controls the lumbar support is broken #84922-50010-E1

It's at the top of the price range that I think is reasonable, $11,900. I'm more concerned on the bones of the thing, little creature comforts aren't that big a deal (although cruise control and A/C have to be fixed ASAP).

Taking it to my mechanic tomorrow for a full runthrough. Photos make it look pretty nice though.

Thoughts?

Last edited by raincoyote; 06-11-2021 at 11:07 AM. Reason: I'm dumb and I don't know what lockers are
raincoyote is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote