Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 10:55 AM

raincoyote is on a distinguished road

raincoyote is on a distinguished road
Lots of good information here, thanks all. I think as most have pointed out, it's priced too high but that was my opinion all along. Particularly with some of the comforts that need to be sorted to make it driveable in the immediate future/through summer. However, it's not too far off for what the market here in Oregon is. Prices round here are just high, that is what it is. The good news is the car I'm selling has, for some reason, doubled in KBB value over the past 3 years so the comparative price for me is negligible. Also I realized that I didn't understand the megathread and I messed up my nomenclature a little bit, it indeed doesn't have lockers I was referring to the locking center differential.

We'll see what the mechanic says about it after he runs through it this afternoon. Guy already said he would replace the battery in it, so it seems like he's willing to negotiate either in price or in replacing items. I think $9K would be a reasonable starting place if there's nothing major. But if the flashing 4WD light is some big thing, or there's electrical beyond the battery, leaks I didn't see, etc then I might just walk away. Like anyone, I'm guess he'll only bargain down so much. I'm not dying for a rig right now, I just saw this one and thought it had a lot going right for it so I'm checking it out.

I'll keep you guys updated with what all ends up being good/bad about it and if I decide to pull the trigger.
raincoyote is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote