View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 05:06 PM

Steamfitter is on a distinguished road

Steamfitter is on a distinguished road
Keep commuting in my T4R or buy a Camry?

My 2013 has 155,000 miles on it. I drive 400-470 Miles a week, around 23,000 miles a year, going to and from work. I work at a salt mine, and the roads are all paved to and from work, but here in Canada the weather is pretty bad from January until May (we get a lot of wind and blizzard conditions), and I am driving at 5 AM every day to get to work. So the T4R is nice for that.

I am getting sick of the ridiculous price of fuel that I'm paying, and have wondered if I should trade my T4R in for a Camry in the next couple years. I estimate I would pay about 1/2 the money in fuel, based on the superior gas mileage. I would go for an AWD Camry if I do the trade.

So if I keep it for another couple years, I'll have ~200,000 miles on it... I can keep it and continue eating the cost of fuel, or I trade it for a camry while it has some value, and the cost of the new car will be made up for by the fuel savings over the next ten years, at which point the T4R would be 20 years old and beginning to wearing out major parts (at least based on that kind of mileage).

I love the space of the T4R and the feeling of safety on the road, the only time I go offroad is to cross a median. I am single as well, so no kids or anything who need extra room.

I'm wondering how well the T4R would be doing at the 400,000+ mile mark. Also, the fact that I work at a salt mine is often said to be very bad for your vehicle. I wash my T4R every couple weeks, but the product is flying out of the storage barns out onto the parking lot is probably going to slowly eat away at whatever vehicle I do choose.

Thoughts?