Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 03:38 PM

ScoutRecon is on a distinguished road

ScoutRecon is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tls3601 View Post
I have considered this. But already having two FJ40’s one restored, the other in the process, I don’t want to restore any more vehicles. That said I feel the 80 is the best Overland Vehicle one can buy here in USA. Needed something newer and more reliable. Rubicon Umlimited JL with an Ursa Minor top is very appealing. Not waiting for Yota to remove its head from its #ss and offer a solid front axle 4X4 here stateside. I have driven the Rubicon, less body roll on pavement and feels peppier than my Pro. I was impressed with its on pavement ride.
I completely understand not wanting to take on another project! Seeing that you already have a 40 I could only picture how good an 80 would look along with it so I had to mention it.

Personally, I dig the Gladiator for what it is and give Jeep a lot credit for bringing a mid-sized truck on solid axels to market. Like others have said, you can't beat Jeep's capabilities new oit of the box. I would personally love to own a Rubicon Galdiator just because I would use it around my property as a truck, but at the end of the day I can't get over the fact its a Jeep. I don't want to be at shop fixing stupid junk, recalls, etc. I'll opt for a off road Taco instead when the time is right, but for now I daily drive my stock lx450 and love it!

I vote to upgrade your Pro
ScoutRecon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote