Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 07:45 PM

TravThePro is on a distinguished road

TravThePro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Luck View Post
OME 883 are not meant to be run on the top clip on those bilstein's. You have very little down travel left.
If I would have just researched what people were doing with the cheaper front suspension setups, I would have seen that posted everywhere. I initially was going to run adjustable resi coilovers, but the gains on everything that wasn't an extended control arm were disappointing for a huge price mark-up. The current price on my suspension shenanigans is closing in on $3500

These 5100/2883s were supposed to be a placeholder for finishing school and getting a real job. It makes zero sense for me to spend 8-20k on extended LT when I'm already kicking my own butt for wasting so much money on this restoration with my current income.

Thank you so much for giving me the idea of swapping the clip to a lower position! It is such a simple solution that I completely overlooked it (It also saved my butt on doing this project correctly the second time).

This is coming from someone who has rebuilt, installed, tuned, and given tons of advice to people on their builds. I am slapping my head in disbelief, but dumb people like me have to learn these lessons sometimes. I can give anyone else the proper advice most of the time, but here I am messing my own stuff up haha