Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 11:46 PM

TravThePro is on a distinguished road

TravThePro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devbot View Post
Smart man, I definitely wouldn't chance it
Did you repaint the front of your frame or did you somehow manage to preserve it that well? Looks good either way
I ground and painted most of the frame before I did the bodywork. Unfortunately, we over-sprayed the heck out of it during the primer stage, so it became a cloudy, polka-dotted Frankenstein.

The engine rebuild gave me the opportunity to fix most of the issues I was not able to fix from the outside of the vehicle. A lot of this was because everything was caked in at least a quarter an inch of grease. I wish I would have taken better before pictures of this, but this is what I have for the transformation.

Engine bay and front frame after 2 gallons of purple degreaser and tons of scraping/scrubbing
Lifting the Hunk of Junk too High-inner-frame-transformation-jpg

Most of the crap finally washed off revealing some frame issues
Lifting the Hunk of Junk too High-inner-frame-transformation-2-jpg

Post engine bay paint showing I only fixed a few of the issues. I actually went back after this and grinded the fresh paint and rust off the pinch welds and painted it again (I forgot to take pictures of it though haha).
Lifting the Hunk of Junk too High-inner-frame-transformation-3-jpg

The suspension swap gave me access to the last pinch welds, control arm mounts, coil buckets, and a few other things I missed before. I did also miss a few of the mounting brackets that were a PIA to prep. Time constraints, my rack and pinion exploding, and insane heat rushed the current suspension to being put back together the way it is now. Eventually, I will go back over everything on the outside of the frame and sand, prep, and repaint it all to be a solid black.