Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 05:13 PM

huskylover is on a distinguished road

huskylover is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuSeeker View Post
The 2WD and 4WD transmission are mechanically the same with the exception of the 4WD transmission connects to a transfer case which connects to the 2 drive shafts and the 2WD transmission connects directly to a drive shaft.

That being said to answer your question, if the ATF has never been changed before, then yes I would recommend doing so, as far as a "flush" or a "drain and fill", I would completely replace the fluid vs. simply a drain and fill, but not do a "power" flush where the fluid is completely exchanged by external pressure, but instead a complete fluid replacement using the transmission to pump the old fluid out while adding new fluid until all the old fluid has been exchanged, there are many step by step topics on how to do this on the forum.

You may also want to change power steering fluid as well, which just an FYI uses ATF instead of actual power steering fluid, look on the cap for the correct type ATF to use.
Thanks for the advice. I changed all the fluids including power steering, transmission, brake as well as coolant. I brought it to my old mechanic. I think he used some pump to take out old fluid and pump in new fluid.
I am just satisfied that there all new fluids in the truck now
huskylover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote