Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 11:19 AM

DougR is just really nice DougR is just really nice DougR is just really nice DougR is just really nice

DougR is just really nice DougR is just really nice DougR is just really nice DougR is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn_gnome View Post
Thanks for the response. The oil change that was synthetic says "synthetic" 0w20 on the receipt. The other receipts say "premium" 5w20. The cost per quart is also about $4.00 less on the premium receipts.

I was too stupid to actually bother reading the receipts until this week when I went to pick it up and it wasn't ready because they were washing it.
Amazon sells 12 qts of Toyota 5W-20 for $72.50 which is described as follows "... Get Outstanding Performance with Genuine Toyota 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil ..."

Scroll down and read the product description here: Amazon.com: Toyota Genuine SAE 5W-20 946 ML Motor OIl 1 QUART (PACK OF 12): Automotive The description says this is synthetic oil.

Call Toyota corporate and ask if Toyota 5W-20 is synthetic, a blend or conventional. Then ask the dealer if 5W-20 is conventional, blend or synthetic. If both say it's synthetic, then all is good.

There's very little conventional oil left at the retail level. I recently bought 5 qts of Mobil 1 Extended Performance Full Synthetic Motor Oil for $24.37 ... Mobil claims it's a 20,000 mile oil, but I will not use it for more than 10,000 miles of mixed driving.

Last edited by DougR; 06-20-2021 at 03:18 PM.
DougR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote