Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 07:02 PM

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill444 View Post
For the scan tools I own, they all disable VSC because the scanner trips the zero point calibration when it tries the CAN bus protocol. I searched a few reviews on Amazon for a new scanner and some really nice ones also report this issue with a 2003/2004 4Runner.

I guess some scanners, like the one you own, try ISO first and because they never try CAN bus, the issue doesn't happen. I will see if I can buy a Torque.

Thanks
Just an FYI "Torque" is an app not a scanner per say, there's a free version of the "Torque" app, Torque Lite and a Pro version that they charge a small fee for.

Torque — OBD2 Performance and Diagnostics for your Vehicle

Torque Lite (OBD2 & Car) - Apps on Google Play

Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car) - Apps on Google Play

Both versions have to be used with a compatible OBDII dongle that you plug in the OBDII port and then connect via Bluetooth with an Android phone, as far as I know there's not a version of Torque that is compatible with Iphone.

My phone I use everyday is an Iphone but I have an old Android phone that I used with Torque.

There are many OBDII dongles out there that are compatible with Torque, the one linked below is the one I have and some other members here also use this dongle.

Amazon.com: Bafx Products - For Android Only - Wireless Bluetooth Obd2 Scanner Diagnostic Code Reader & Scan Tool - Scan, Reset & Clear Car Check Engine Light: Automotive

This OBDII dongle is also compatible with many other diagnostic apps that you may want to try as well if you find you don't like the Torque app but most people use Torque.

You can find a list of other apps on their website.

BAFX Products(R) - Wireless Bluetooth OBD2 Reader / Scanner for Android Devices

Last edited by AuSeeker; 06-21-2021 at 07:21 PM.
AuSeeker is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote