Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 01:04 PM

Bkt4runner is on a distinguished road

Bkt4runner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggity View Post
Can you provide the Energy Suspension part number for those steering rack bushings? Also, is there anything specific you need to do to install them? I've heard that the ES bushings require the sleeves left in when working with them, although that might just be for suspension and not rack bushings...
Energy Suspension 8.10108R Rack And Pinion Bushing Set.

I just gave the bushings to my mechanic. He did the install. Nothing complicated. I was told the Tacoma and 4Runner steering rack bushings are the same but need someone to confirm. The Tacoma bushings are only around $30 online. I wished Superpro made one for our car. The steering feel is now razor sharp, fast and smooth. My god when you are taking corners at a high speed you feel just how great they are, handles like a sports car. And when I switch lanes on the freeway there is no hesitation...it goes immediately. Lane changes are now super quick...it's like you're riding a motorcycle....it's so much more responsive that I really need to have both hands on the steering wheel sometimes. Now I also look forward to making U-turns as it is so much easier and fun to do so. I would never go back to the stock rebuilt steering rack from the dealer. Hell no! Basically my rebuilt steering rack beats the Toyota rebuilt steering rack from the dealer in every single category. Not kidding. It performs better, is more durable, and cost several hundred dollars less. It is a day and night difference. Any of you wanna test drive my car you are welcome to do so.

I liked it so much I’m gonna see if I can patent this remanufacturing process. I’m paying my lawyer to do a patent search. So do any of you naysayers wanna talk more smack? I look forward to getting unbiased and independent test data to prove to you all that it does exactly what I said it would do. I took it to my mechanic (RS Auto Works) in LA and Richard the owner says the steering on my car is much smoother than his 2009 4Runner. He didn't have a chance to drive it on the freeway though...he would have been much more impressed if he did. In summary, I challenge anyone to test drive my car and compare it to your car, then post your review on this thread.

Last edited by Bkt4runner; 06-27-2021 at 07:25 AM.
Bkt4runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote