View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 09:12 PM

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of
I haven't posted much on here in a while. I guess I'm kinda getting burnt out on my current internship since its not as hands on as I am wanting for my long term career goals. I've been talking to been talking to a few of my connections both from this current internship and past to try and figure out a career path that really makes me passionate about my work. Essentially my main gripe is that the past two Mechanical Engineering positions I've been in involve a lot of desk work, looking at process data, and managing projects, etc and while I understand these are important tasks, I don't really like sitting down all day and trying to figure out an issue from a graph/data, or just watching someone else do work and "managing" the project.

Hopefully I can find a more fulfilling position for next summer. This was a tad on the personal side, but if anyone has some advice for long term career advice, I'm all ears.

On a brighter note, I got my Class B Commercial Driver's Learners Permit to start driving for the school and town bus system this upcoming semester. I've always really liked buses and have been saying since my first year that I'd like to drive the bus.

I've also been snooping around TacomaWorld, since its not blocked at work like T4R.org is lol, so I met up with a local group for some off-roading and camping:

Off-Roading with the Local TacomaWorld Group | Return to Directory
Met up with guys from the Northern Virginia Roll Call TacomaWorld group, since MD is kinda close the NOVA lol. I was the only 4runner, but not the only stock guy. There was a variety of vehicles there from my stock 4runner, a stock TRD PRO Tacoma, a Bobbed ACLB, a Linked DCSB with tube bed, and everything in between.

Shortly after entering the trail, there was a pretty big ditch that we had to go down and up again. Everyone else did alright through there, but being stock height, I knew I was going to drag some. With a little bit of skinny pedal and some help from ATRAC, I made it right on up!

A little sploosh is always fun. Currently my diff oil is in a schrodingers cat state: If I don't open it to see, who knows if its either good or bad lol. I've had all the parts to do the extension for almost a year, just haven't gotten around to it. I probably should soon

This was a tricky area with a deep hole/fallen log on the right, which forced us left through a more off camber area. I was really worried my stock suspension wouldn't be able to keep all the wheels on the ground through here, but it was no problemo

Just after the previous tricky area, there were some deep ruts. Being stock height, I got stuck here from dragging my belly. EatSleepTacos from TW helped me get through one section with some traction boards, but I got stuck again. We tried the traction boards again, but without any luck, I got a tow out. Thankfully I had the legit recovery points on the front, or my front crossmember mighta gotten yanked off. We did use a kinetic rope, which was very pleasant. Regular straps are so harsh, but this was a nice gentile pull as the rope stretched and pulled

More ruts, this stuff I actually made it through without trouble!

I was really bad about taking pictures on this trip. Heres the only one I took on my phone of my 4runner and Betty White (EatSleepTacos' bobbed ACLB). An also a side shot of the bobbed bed.

When I got back, I decided that I like the look of the muddy tan wheels vs the Dorado Gold, might have to get fancy and paint my wheels as an experiment

SNEAK PEEK!!

y=mx+b is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote