Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 11:34 AM

4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light

4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light 4rNCMTNs is a glorious beacon of light
2019 SAS 5th gen Build

I have decided and after many months of planning and ordering parts today is day 1 of my 5th gen SAS build.

I already have a very capable vehicle as is but I want more. I could go about this differently and buy yet another vehicle but that is of no interest to me so here we go.

I dropped my 4R off at Budbuilt this morning with only 20,500 miles on the clock. I weighed the truck on a CAT scale with half a tank of gas and it was 3260# on front axle and 2740 on rear axle. Yesterday I removed my spare tire from the swing arm and some other things from back so actual weight should be about 6150#.

The significant parts started to arrive yesterday and the majority of the rest over next few days. Only parts remaining are the short lead time items.

Here we have the new axles, shocks, and bump stops.

From a high level here's the list of parts:

1. GM14 bolt shaved to 13 bolt front and rear from Wide Open Design. 72" wide, 5.13 gears, ARB locker RCV 40 spline axle shafts, 14" brakes, etc. These things are stout.

2. Howe Performance steering (semi - hydraulic) with double ram. will be using a saginaw steering box from Scout II in place of full orbital so not full hydro. This steering setup will give me 8,000 # of force available.

3. 16" Radflo shocks front and rear along with Radfo bump stops

4. Raceline Beadlock wheels

5. Mickey Thompson Pro XS tires - 40" x 13.5" x 17"

A bunch of links, rod ends, frame stiffeners, etc.

I will update this with a lot of pictures and videos as they become available. We should start and finish the tear down within a few days.

Once the tear down is complete I will have big garage sale on everything coming off:

1. complete rear axle with 4.56 gears and e-locker
2. front third with eaton e-locker and 4.56 gears
3. Front UCA's - total chaos
4. Rear total chaos links and pan hard bar
5. front and rear king 2.5 remote resi shocks
6. stock steering rack
7. FN wheels and 305 nitto's
maybe more...

Last edited by 4rNCMTNs; 06-30-2021 at 11:37 AM. Reason: corrected text
4rNCMTNs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote