Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 10:55 PM

jonfasch is on a distinguished road

jonfasch is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info on my frame and the welding that needs to be done...

But since I had parts arriving today in the mail... I knocked out the following in about 3.5 hours.

1. DONE - Front Stabilizer Bar Links
2. DONE - Front Bushings

It took longer than it should of just because it was my first time doing both - and I had to make two walking trips to the HW store about a block away... Remember I only have 1 vehicle with my other attending college 100 miles away :-)

The Front Stabilizer Bar Links came out relatively easy. Had one broken top nut on the driver side, and had to Dremel cut off the bottom nut on the passenger side. But that went fast.

The Front Stabilizer Bushings were a little more fun. With having to get to the four bolts from the top. Thought I needed a deep socket so that was the first walk to the HW store - but not needed. Plus I broke one bolt off. So had to get the bolt out. And ended up breaking the welded nut off the bracket too. So the second walk to the HW Store.

But all is complete and back together. And test drive went well

Once I got it all back together, I noticed another package at the door - Lower Ball Joints. But that's a task for tomorrow as I need to pick up a Tie Rod Puller kit from Advance first.

Than to knock out the two Rear Stabilizer Rod bushings after that.

Than to purchase a Radiator and install - that looks fairly easy... and should be easy on this old body.

Than back to the rear frame issues and fixing it somehow...

Needed to knock these other things out... as I have two road-trips in the next 3 weeks that I'm heading out on... and not much time to get things done. And a single dad with full custody of a 15 year old that is a very busy boy - but has not started drivers training just yet. So tons of running.

Thanks Again... I catch up again once I get some more tasks done.
jonfasch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote