View Single Post
Old 07-04-2021, 12:17 PM

emoto is on a distinguished road

emoto is on a distinguished road
Is the play in the cv portion?

I have a similar amount of play on my front diff (maybe a wee bit less). Since yours isn't leaking does this mean there isn't too much?

I have a sharp clank noise when I hit something like a large crack in the pavement, which led me to start poking around. The only thing I've found with the kind of movement that could cause this noise it that area coming out of the front diff. If I grab the shaft itself and push/pull, it seems there is too much play inside the CV portion. If this is the case for yours, could that contribute to to the excessive play you are seeing?

2004 v8 with 220k mi.
emoto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote