View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 09:36 PM
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip_84 View Post
But did you see the pics I posted? Its so hard to know who to listen to. You're saying that but I've had people on here say the complete opposite (look at the responses since my compression test pictures). And 2 people I've spoke to in person today suggested a rebuild. Why would an o2 sensor cause compression 65PSI below Toyotas minimum on multiple plugs?
Not everyone reads the whole thread.

I also second a valve adjustment. I would not pay a shop to do it though as many of them will charge enormous labor costs because it's a complete pain to do. I've done it 3 times and it takes a lot of patience. You may also have one or more cracked valves, which in that case no amount of adjustment and shim swapping will get the lost compression back. Unfortunately the only way to find a cracked valve is to pull the cylinder heads off as even a leakdown pressure test won't tell you whether the valve is out of adjustment or if it is cracked..

Your bottom end most likely is rock solid but the valve in the heads need some R&R to get that power back online. I drove for 4 years with one cylinder at around 90 PSI, but 3 cylinders is a bit much.

P.S. my engine blew up, that's when I knew it was time to replace it lol!

AEM F/IC 6, 11 PSI, 3" Intake and 3" Exhaust
Jerod's Supercharged T[u]RD Build
gamefreakgc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote