Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 10:45 PM

rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold

rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvaboi View Post
Really would like one of these for my ‘99 limited . I live in hawaii any idea of how much shipping would be to me?
We are not that far along quite yet. Although with the WIY (weld-it-yourself) bumpers like this one, shipping is easier because you can flat-pack and they don’t need to get shipped on a pallet. We are pre-bending as many parts as possible so the actual welding part is very minimal on the customer’s end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scshack View Post
I really want a new front bumper and winch setup, for my 2002 3rd gen. ARB for a Tacoma is about the only setup for 3rd gens, from my research. I just wish there was more options!!

Sounds like this bumper will need to be fabricated. Any chance the bumper can be pre welded? (Similar to the ARB bumpers)?
See my notes above about shipping. Pre-welding creates massive lead times and a huge price tag for shipping and there are decent welders all over the globe. Obviously this is our business proposition, and not everyone else’s. We think by sourcing your own welding, the product can be shipped drastically cheaper and you will have the bumper in a quicker timeframe than 90% of the competition out there (just research the lead times of all the popular bumper makers). Not to mention, our design will be WAY lighter (less than half) what an ARB weighs for our gutless old Toyota’s to haul around ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'arce View Post
Interested as well. 1" body lift
1” body lift is accommodated in the original design (the same bumper works for no body lift and a 1”). Thanks for your interest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scshack View Post
You might be right about my lacking research. I have found some others that are DIY welding, which would cost a pretty penny to fab as opposed to buying a bumper this is prebuilt.
I disagree with this statement. Obviously price will depend on your area but I bet you will be able to have our bumper welded together by a professional for ~200 (or less). Actual weld time on these will be minimal, with way less welds than current WIY bumpers.

Keep the comments rolling!
rickashay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote