Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 03:17 PM

Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all

Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all
I just went through the same, but with the #60809 kit that everyone uses here. Mixed reviews on how much to cut, so I cut off 2 rungs of my bumps. It noticeably higher in the back and rode like I was riding on an air bag. Very floaty even when aired down to 5psi. Like you, I didn't measure ahead of time. I went back in and cut off the 3rd rung. 100% better and rides normal again even with the bag contacting the bump sitting on it's own weight. I should have measured before that too, but I forgot again. However, I did it one side at a time and they were an inch apart with one side cut down to 3. So, I'll call it 1/2"-1" of lift.

I bet I could get away with cutting the 4th, but it looks impossible without dropping the axle which I'm not going to do. Cutting the 3rd out was hard enough. Also, if I ever lift in the future I'll be glad I kept that rung.

I'm honestly not sure how much different the bags are between the two kits. But, mine came with the pucks and I ran the air line down through the axle. I'm towing tomorrow for the first time with them and excited to feel the difference.

Last edited by Pedro367; 07-09-2021 at 03:20 PM.
Pedro367 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote