View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 09:17 PM

4x3Lander will become famous soon enough 4x3Lander will become famous soon enough

4x3Lander will become famous soon enough 4x3Lander will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker Engineering View Post
Along the same lines, be prepared to go shopping for fasteners to finish the installation. The original tie down bracket bolts are not long enough to properly engage with the added thickness of the crossmember, so I needed four 12x1.25-40mm flange head screws:

Also, at least in my case, the 1/2"-13 screws that were supplied with the bumper (to attach the bumper to the crossmember) were all cross-threaded, so I had to get six new 1/2"-13 flange head screws:

I had a number of other issues with the bumper (e.g. the cutouts in the bumper for the fog lights were crooked), but hopefully you won't have to deal with that.
I REALLY appreciate this info as well! I loathe going to Home Depot / Lowes for hardware like this because they never have enough or a large variety. I appreciate the pictures of the bolts and the info for them so that I can easily buy them. After completely removing the entire front bumper assembly today, all the hardware was too rusted or in bad shape. The only bolts I was able to keep were the ones holding the tow hook.

Assuming there is hardware included with the bumper, although seems I will need to buy what you have suggested? When you say the bolts were stripped, you got them that way or you stripped them in the process?

Sorry to hear about the cutouts with the lighting. The bumper style I ordered has no lights at all, so I won’t have those issues.

On a different note - LOVE my Spiker Engineering hood struts

Last edited by 4x3Lander; 07-11-2021 at 09:27 PM.
4x3Lander is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote