View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 01:14 PM

Peyto is on a distinguished road

Peyto is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostmanifesto View Post
Same issue as clanholm was having with the TRAC OFF and CHECK ENGINE lights coming on after the Fuel Pump recall. Mine took a good week though before it happened.

Same problem with the O-Ring not sealing properly. Took it in and the dealer fixed it. Did not say if it was not installed properly when they did the recall or if the new fuel pump unit wasn't correct when installed. One day later and all seems to be well so far.

I dont know if clanholm or anyone else had this issue also but before my dash lights went off, I noticed a significant lag in my gas pedal at launch. Also, start up was hesitated more than usual. Just some FYI if you experience any of these issues post recall.

Good luck
Really glad I came here as I just had a similar experience.

I had my fuel pump replaced under recall in December, and just had it fail on me this week. Hard to say if it was related, but should thankfully be covered under the parts warranty.

I got back to the vehicle after a three day backpacking trip and it started rough, had low power, with TRAC Off, CEL, Multi Terrain lights on. The acceleration was a bit rough, but it got to speed and got me home. When I went to try diagnose it the next day, it was in full limp mode. Checked on a few of the obvious things (gas cap, fuses, MAF sensor) before taking to an independent mechanic who identified it as the fuel pump. From there it was off to the dealer where it's now in their hands.

UPDATE: Dealer just called and confirmed it was the o-ring seal that others have mentioned.

Last edited by Peyto; 07-15-2021 at 02:06 PM.
Peyto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote