Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 03:54 AM

devbo is on a distinguished road

devbo is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the post. Glad you didn't have to end up dealing with a freeze plug issue like I currently am.

Since we started on the topic I was hoping we can bring it back up - I cant seem to find any help with it anywhere online.

I noticed my engine began to run hot one day and pulled over to find no coolant in the radiator reservoir. After the engine cooled there was nothing in the radiator as well.
I refilled the coolant and began to check for slow leaks under the car over the next week. Found a few puddles here and there and decided to bring my car in for a pressure test.

Coolant started leaking right out of the block! on either side, out of the "freeze plugs" something I had never heard of before.

It seems like the freeze plugs are NOT part of regular maintenance because there are 16 of them and the engine needs to be taken out to get to the things.

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on this, I'm heartbroken over this job and looking for clarity.

Is it okay to replace the easily accessible freeze plugs? or would that cause the others to leak more?