Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 09:34 AM

Flesh Eater will become famous soon enough

Flesh Eater will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by alia176 View Post
Forgot to mention that my rig is a NM vehicle so it has zero rust. I'm going to push this project out til aug, after I return from my trip to the San Juan mountains at the end of this month.

I'd like to other cool things like build out the cargo area and do some work on the camper. Projects like the steering rack will destroy my back and overall state of happiness and nobody needs me to be that *****y

I have an used rack from a '04 2wd that I thought about swapping in but given the PITA factory (especially with my back issues), I don't even want to take a chance of re-visiting this fun project. So, I'll save up for a reman unit with lifetime warr from the Doctor.

Thanks again for your input, fellas. Have a nice weekend.
Hey, we’re headed to the San Juans at the beginning of August! Hope you have a good time!

I’ve never done this but I’ve torn down the whole suspension and rebuilt the entire braking system on this 08’ in preparation for long distance travels. One thing I have to say is I am super impressed with Toyota engineering. The Chilton book said I might have to cut off a bolt head for the upper control arms. Nope, Toyota made everything move just enough to get them out just fine.

I’m sure the steering rack will be as well thought out. Just take your time and look for things that quickly unbolt to move out of the way. I’ve never worked on anything like this Toyota. I’m not a brand whore, but I appreciate their thought process on repairs.

Good luck!