View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 04:30 PM

MtnRover is on a distinguished road

MtnRover is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAST4R View Post
There is NOTHING in Bilstein's description that justifies the claim that 5100 are more stiffly valved. Bilstein explicitly says it is a longer shock for lifted applications and that's it.

You will have zero benefit by going 5100 on a stock height and in fact it may be worse. If the body is longer, it may rub on the emergency brake lines. I used Icon 2.0 with 1" lift and it did that.

If you need to stiffen the rear, upgrade the springs. I think Dobinsons offers a stiffer spring that is stock height.
Got it. Appreciate the info. I did forget to ask about the 4600 shock and KDSS. Any issues with wheel travel off road?
2014 Black Trail Premium, KDSS, White Knuckle Sliders, C4 Fab Lo Pro, Smittybilt X20 12K, Extreme LED, Pedal Commander, BFG KO2's 275 x 17, Victory MOLLE, OBD Link MX+, Rexing Dashcam, Infinity Reference Coaxial Speakers
MtnRover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote