Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 10:06 PM

sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of

sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of sleepydad has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by eimkeith View Post
do you have access to a 3d printer (or is your Langmuir table up and running)? I can send a file with the profile of the large radius bend to use as template for repositioning it if that's helpful.

Passenger side looks great, btw.
still waiting on the razor weld torch, they have been on order since March

I think I have things about as good as they are going to get. thinking I'm ready to take everything apart and sand blast it and then start tacking it. I should maybe look @ the receiver and recovery points as well I suppose before doing a full on burn on the entire thing.

passenger fit looks great

driver fit you can see the mismatch but I think I can fix that with clamps and tac's

the wings were not any trouble at all really. once I knew what went where.

I do have one favor to ask? I would promise to keep it private of course. would save me some time.

I'm not as concerned with 1.5" of extra ground clearance with the fuel tank. I would rather drop it down and then fabricate a skid plate. it will work well from what I can see so far. I could also skip chopping up the floor brace.

but here in lies the favor
the front tank strap mounts are a bit of a problem, I would like to move them down an 1" or 1.5" also need to test to make sure they don't get hit by the track bar?

I only have these mounts tack'ed into placed right now and I could just modify them, but if you would be ok sharing those models? I use autodesk fusion so I'm guessing I can import just about any type of file. I would keep that transaction private of course. Langmuir is telling me I should have the torch by the end of the month. and of course I would share that design if it works out back with you.

oh and one other thing, I decided to use some 60mm m12 to connect the bumper on the frame. yes the bolts stick down and I might whack them but it seems fine for my parking lot wheeling.

I'm a weird metric nut and bold hoarder I have bags of stuff on hand. I have it in my last will and testament that I will be buried with my metric nuts and bolts. you can never be sure when you will need them.

Last edited by sleepydad; 07-20-2021 at 10:10 PM.
sleepydad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote