Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 01:38 PM

chrisbagnell will become famous soon enough

chrisbagnell will become famous soon enough
POR-15 isn't going to fix this one... need some advice

my rear crossmember that supports the bumper and towing capacity, is not looking so pretty. It's been missing the left corner for a few years but I wanted to POR-15 this and I don't feel comfortable putting it all back together knowing it looks like this swiss cheese.. Looking for some help/advice.

Having a hard time finding parts, everything is easy to switch except the cross member which needs welding. Replacing the crossmember and not just welding plates on would be ideal as its rusty all the way through. This is the worst part on the frame.

If anyone has part numbers or knows where to get this stuff that would be appreciated.
Before Hammer

After Hammer

I cannot find the part # for the piece that holds the Door Lock Striker, It comes off and its what the door lock striker bolts into.

Already have the following in the cart, since its rusty I might as well replace it.

Bracket, Rear Bumper Side Mounting, LH #52185-60090
Bracket, Rear Bumper Side Mounting, RH #52185-60090

I would assume I need both side gussets,
Gusset, Frame Rear Crossmember, Rh 51391-35090
Gusset, Frame Rear Crossmember, Lh 51392-35080

And the Rear crossmember
Crossmember Sub-Assy, Frame, Rear 51209-35210 Listed for $422 new, I need to find it cheaper, if anyone has any leads please let me know
chrisbagnell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote