View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 05:06 PM

chrisbagnell will become famous soon enough

chrisbagnell will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinNH67 View Post
Dang, that is substantial. By the time it's cut back to weldable metal it will be quite large. My holes in that area were way smaller so I cut back the metal and welded in plates, I have a thread on it here. Before you do any more I suggest you check the rest of the frame closely. Check the bottom side of the frame under where your feet are when driving, the area the fuel tank straps bolt to and the front crossmember where the tow points are. You may find there's more cancer than you thought.
Thanks for the advice. The rest of the frame is in great condition, my thought is that the drain holes got covered and it just ate away at that crossmember. Do you have a link to your repair? I was going to search for it but you have a lot of posts..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuSeeker View Post
I couldn't find the hatch latch piece you're looking for..but the rear cross member now has a new part number and it's way less than the price you posted, you may want to check the other pieces you posted at McGeorge Toyota to see if they could be cheaper as well, here a link to the rear cross member.

2003-2009 Toyota 4Runner Cross-Member 51209-35211 | Toyota Parts

To check the price of the other pieces just search the part numbers for the quickest results.
Thank you so much! I was looking at toyotapartsdeal.com.. I'm going to look for a used part like Piggity suggested but if I cant find one in good enough condition ill get it from mcgeorge.
chrisbagnell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote