Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 07:42 PM

meltdowner is on a distinguished road

meltdowner is on a distinguished road
Headlight Assembly questions - Also, dont buy ANZO

Are the OEM Toyota Headlight Assemblies good with HID bulbs? Meaning, will I see some good, bright light? When I got this 4runner, I felt like the brightness at night (especially when driving down I-80 in the middle of PA at night) were severely lacking. I had to drive behind a truck to see "good enough for 70mph" without fear of smacking a deer.

So I bought ANZO assemblies, installed them, and they're shit. The left assembly has a weird right angle cutout. The light is like 5 feet uneven distance from left and right. Neither left nor right ANZO headlamp shine very far down the road. Maybe 40-50ft? Beyond that, darkness.

I did adjust the headlight assemblies, took bumper off and everything and tried to angle them to see farther down the road and even clean up that "lost light from the left headlamp assembly. It was a lost cause. The problem was ANZO headlamp housing itself. No matter which way it was angle or the bulb was positioned in the housing, the light it projected was crap.

So now, I'm looking to fix this because I am so sick of shitty visibility at night. Any suggestions on quality headlight assemblies is GREATLY appreciated.
meltdowner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote