Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 02:44 PM

mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute

mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute mrblah has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzettler83 View Post
05 T4R - 185k miles - V8 -

My 4runner has had a fairly noticeable vibration from the rear of the vehicle for sometime now and I am finally to a point where I want to correct it. It is noticeable above 60MPH and is to the point where the passenger seat shakes fairly bad. Much MUCH more than you would consider normal.

-Removed the rear drive shaft and drove it. Vibration still there.
-Balanced tires, and rotated as well, no change. In fact rear tires are NEW.
-Removed wheel spacers, no change.

What else should I be looking at? Could it be a bearing, bad shock / shocks? I have Bilstein's and they are fairly new so I am ruling that out at least for now.

Trying to ID this myself where possible. Worst case I will bring it to a mechanic.
Had that problem once...was driving to the desert

Dropped off my ex-wife and her new boyfriend in the middle of the desert, didn't have any more vibrations driving home. Problem solved.
mrblah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote